Makes 12 mini tacos
– 1 cup Shredded Mexican blend cheese
– 6 ounces ground beef (cooked)
– Taco seasoning (I used Trader Joe’s as it has by far the least amount of carbs for packaged taco seasoning I’ve found – you can also make your own)
– 2 slices American Cheese
– 3/4 tbsp salsa
– 1 tsp bacon grease (or butter)
* Preheat oven to 350°F.
* Fill bottom of whoopie pie pan cavities with shredded cheese until you can’t see the bottom. Meanwhile brown ground beef, add taco seasoning.
* Once preheated, bake for 4 minutes (the cheese will still be soft and bubbly, but will harden enough to fold them, as they sit).
* Add one spoonful of meat onto half of each melted cheese. Using something that will not damage the pan such as a small spatula gently fold the non-covered side over the hamburger side.
* Place tray back in the oven for another 15 minutes to re-melt and solidify their shape. Remove from oven and place on paper towel to soak up extra grease.
* For the nacho cheese, tear up 2 slices of American Cheese, add 3/4 tbsp of the lowest carb salsa you can find and 1 tsp bacon grease (or butter). Microwave until melted, stir. Open and fill the tacos.