Author Tasha Metcalf
- 10 oz spinach raw
- 1 tsp ghee
- 4 oz mushrooms sliced
- 14 oz smoked sausage uncured, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet, wilt spinach over medium heat. Remove excess moisture and reserve spinach for the frittata.
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with ghee. Sautee mushrooms, smoked sausage, and garlic over medium heat. Add in wilted spinach, season with salt and pepper. Distribute the mixture evenly throughout the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper. Pour the seasoned eggs over the mixture in the skillet. Carefully place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into the frittata.
1 gram net carbohydrate per serving (1/6th of frittata).
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 234; % Daily Value*; Total Fat 26g 40%; Saturated Fat 2g 10%; Cholesterol 220mg 73%;Sodium 121mg 5%; Potassium 404mg 12%; Total Carbohydrates 2g 1%; Dietary Fiber 1g 4%; Protein 20g 40%