The Author Of This Recipe Is Sonia
Serves: Serves 4
Net Carbs 4.2g
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 950g | 2lbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup light chicken stock
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and then melt the coconut oil in a large, skillet set over high heat. When the pan is hot enough, add the pieces of chicken, nice-looking side down, and cook them without moving them for about 4 minutes, until they turn opaque about half way up and develop a nice golden crust. Flip the pieces of chicken and cook them for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the meat is cooked all the way through and the juices run clear. Remove to a plate.
- Put the skillet back over the heat source, lower the heat to medium and add the broccoli. Cook it for about 3 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, mix the chicken stock, vinegar, mustard, chili pepper flakes and tapioca starch together in a large glass measuring cup or other container, preferably one that is equipped with a spout.
- Pour this over the broccoli as soon as it’s cooked to your liking; bring to the boil and continue cooking until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs, along with their cooking juices, back into the pan and spoon some sauce over them.
- Kill the heat, cover and allow the meat to sit in the hot sauce for about 5 minutes, then serve.