- The Crust
- 1 lb. chicken thigh and breast (70/30)
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan (pulsated until ground in my food processor)
- 1/2 cup spinach cooked in 1 tsp ghee
- ~1/2 to 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Combine chopped chicken, cheese, and seasonings. Mix well. Add cooked spinach and mix again, kneading with your hands to make a pseudo-dough.
- Press dough onto a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400F for 20 mins.
- Take out and put your toppings of choice on the pizza. Bake for another 10-12 mins until desired.
The crust was a bit dry in some places, so I wonder what adding an egg would do? But other than that, it was absolutely delicious, and pizza is so customizable! I definitely want to do a Margherita version one night (my favorite!).
My toppings for this particular version include…
- 1/2 cup Rao’s marinara sauce (a very good low carb red sauce–highly recommend!)
- 1 piece of bacon, crumbled
- 45g feta cheese
- 65g chicken
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
(For whole pizza) CAL: 1662 FAT: 168.2g PROTEIN: 196.8g NET CARBS: 22.3g
(For just the crust) CAL: 1283 FAT: 57.9g PROTEIN: 163.1g NET CARBS: 16.3g
1 serving (1/4 of pizza) CAL: 415.5 FAT: 42.05g PROTEIN: 49.2g NET CARBS: 5.6g