THIS KETO PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE PIE BOASTS A CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER FILLING AND A CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUST. LOW CARB, EGG FREE, GLUTEN FREE. The keto diet has been quite popular for a while now. I actually started it a few years ago and have had great success with it. I lost over 60 pounds and have kept it off. At first, I stuck to a very strict keto way of eating, but now I eat a wide variety of foods, including dessert! I love peanut butter and cream cheese which are both keto-friendly so I whipped up this rich, delicious Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Pie. It has a peanut no-bake crust that’s filled with the peanut butter and cream cheese mixture. If you don’t tell anyone this is low carb, high fat and sugar-free, they will never know!
Keto Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pie Recipe:
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CRUST:
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups superfine, blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
FOR THE FILLING:
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 4 squares Lindt 90% chocolate
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CRUST:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener, and cocoa powder in a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the crust dough to a 9-inch pie plate.
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- Combine the mascarpone and peanut butter and stir gently by hand until creamy and fully combined.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, xanthan gum, and erythritol in a large bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the peanut butter mixture into the whipped cream.
- Transfer the filling to the cooled crust and smooth with a spatula.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
TO MAKE THE TOPPING:
- Combine the peanut butter, heavy whipping cream and erythritol in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into a plastic baggie and snip the tip off one corner.
- Squeeze lines of the peanut butter mixture onto the top of the pie.
- Heat the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl until melted.
- Transfer the chocolate into a plastic baggie and snip the tip-off of one corner.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the pie.
- Sprinkle the top of the pie with chopped peanuts.
SERVE IMMEDIATELY FOR A SOFTER PIE, OR FREEZE FOR 2 HOURS OR MORE FOR A FIRMER, FROZEN PIE.
- Serving Size: 1/12th pie
- Calories: 496
- Fat: 48g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 4g