- 3 zucchini, trimmed and sliced length-wise into halves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, sprinkle to your liking
- Dried oregano, large sprinkle to your liking
- 6 oz/170.1 g cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 3 green onions (both white and green parts), ends trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup/ 75 g crumbled feta cheese, more to your liking
- 6 to 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Large handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Splash lemon juice (not too much)
- If cooking on gas grill, lightly oil the grate and preheat grill to medium-low. (OR, heat a cast iron skillet or indoor griddle over medium heat.)
- Brush zucchini generously with extra virgin olive oil on both sides. Season zucchini (particularly flesh side) with salt, freshly ground pepper, and oregano.
- Place zucchini, flesh-side down, on the preheated grill (or indoor griddle). Grill for 3 to 5 minutes until soft and nicely charred, then turn on back side and grill for another 3 to 5 minutes until this side is also tender and gains some color. (If using an indoor skillet or griddle, you may need to adjust heat to medium-high.)
- Remove zucchini from heat and let cool enough to handle.
- To create zucchini boats, use a small spoon to scoop out the flesh into a small bowl (do not discard.) Squeeze all liquid out of zucchini flesh (you might use a linen kitchen towel or paper towel to do this.)
- Now add zucchini flesh to a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (cherry tomatoes, green onions, feta, mint, parsley, lemon zest, and small splash of lemon juice). Sprinkle a little more oregano, if you like, and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Mix everything together to make the filling.
- Spoon the filling mixture into the prepared zucchini boats and arrange on a serving platter. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
Calories 98; % Daily Value*; Total Fat 7.6g 12%; Saturated Fat 2.6g; Trans Fat 0g; Sodium 125.7mg 5%; Total Carbohydrate 5.3g 2%; Sugars 2.3g; Protein 3.2g 6%