8 ounces unsalted grass-fed butter at room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1/4-1/2 cup powdered erythritol, allulose or xylitol, to taste
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 bag of sugar free dark chocolate chips like Lily’s
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a large bowl. Cream the mixture with an electric mixer until evenly combined, a couple minutes. Start by adding just 1/4 cup of sweetener, adding more if necessary to taste. Continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Spoon into silicon molds or just use an ice cream scooper like I did and place on a piece of parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze until hardened.
- If adding a chocolate layer, melt chocolate in a water bath (or the microwave), I added about tablespoon of MCT oil to thin it out and get some MCT oil in there because why the heck not??
- Allow the chocolate to come to room temperature before coating. The recipe I followed says to dip them in using two forks… I may have used my fingers.
- Freeze again or put in the fridge. Try to eat only one at a time!