1 1/2lb chicken breast
1 cup chicken stock
1 can (15oz) coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon cilantro
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/4 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small white onion, chopped (replace with some onion powder if you want it to be less carby)
1 bunch celery, chopped
3 tablespoons of butter (for sauté)
4 stalks of lemongrass
3 bay leaves
- Add celery, onion and butter to instant pot. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. (Lid off)
- Add spices, garlic and ginger. Sauté for additional 1-2 minutes. (Lid off)
- Add chicken stock. Places uncooked chicken on top of celery and onion, and place stalks of lemongrass on top of chicken. Cook for 22 minutes. (Lid on from this point on)
- Release steam. Remove lemongrass and chicken.
- Add coconut milk and lime juice.
- Shred chicken and return to pot. Place lemongrass on top again.
- Cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass and bay leaves, and enjoy!