Makes 12 pretty generous servings.
Macros per serving: 209kcal, 6g net carbs, 5g protein, 19g fat
- 2 small ripe bananas (or one normal one)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tbsp of any keto friendly sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2/5 cups of chopped walnuts
- 30g of 100% dark chocolate (or any chocolate you want to add)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C ish)
- Mash bananas in a bowl and whisk in wet ingredients
- Add dry ingredients once there are no more patches of egg white or banana chunks
- Butter your bread pan generously!!! (I forgot)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes then turn off the oven and let it rest in there for 10 minutes just in case the risen dough falls
- Cool off completely on a cooling rack and serve!
I have found that this recipe tastes the best once it has had time to rest overnight in the fridge, really brings out the banana and cinnamon flavours. I eat it either on its own, or served with some peanut butter and whipped cream cheese
This recipe is not healthy, due to its low protein content it really should be an occasional treat and only if your macros allow it!!