Bacon-Wrapped Spinach-Dip-Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
- 4 Red bell peppers, cored and halved
- 1 lb Bacon of your choice
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 12 oz Frozen spinach, defrosted
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Large pan
- Spoon (flatware)
- Spoon (to stir)
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Press water out of spinach
- Divide cream cheese into chunks
- In pot, melt 2 tbsp of butter on medium heat. Combine with garlic and warm until garlic is browned.
- Add 12 oz frozen spinach and ½ of the cream cheese chunks to pot. Stir until mostly melted. Add in rest of cream cheese. Pour in heavy cream a bit at a time. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir occasionally and reduce heat to simmer once everything is sufficiently combined.
- Halve and core red bell peppers. Rub salt and pepper into interior flesh if desired.
- Separate bacon into 8 sets of 2 strips (I had to use just one strip per half for the final pepper)
- Center one red bell pepper half on two horizontally-oriented bacon strips. Fold ends of bacon strips into red bell pepper, pressing down to preserve cupped shape. Place into large pan. Repeat for remaining halves.
- Put bacon-wrapped peppers in oven and cook until bacon is at desired crispness, around 20-25 minutes.
- When bacon-wrapped peppers are done, remove from oven and fill with spinach dip.
- Enjoy! I actually prefer these completely cooled (they’re easier to eat that way, too), but they can be eaten warm.
PEPPERS AND BACON ONLY
- Serving Size | 1 pepper half
- Calories | 283 kcal
- Net Carbs | 4.4g
- Protein | 19.8g
- Fat | 20g
SPINACH DIP ONLY
- Serving Size | 48g (recipe makes 776g)
- Calories | 98 kcal
- Net Carbs | 1.6g
- Protein | 2.2g
- Fat | 10.1g