The Author Of This Recipe Is MIKE
Makes 12 large meatballs
- 1 lb / 453 gr grass-fed organic lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 free-range organic egg
- A handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- A splash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- ½ avocado, peeled and cut into 12 cubes
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, garlic, egg, parsley, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Knead with your hands until well combined.
- Scoop one heaping tablespoon of meat mixture and with dampened hands make the meatballs – placing one cube of avocado into the middle of the ball and delicately forming a smooth ball around the avocado. Repeat to form about all meatballs.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook in batches, turning frequently, for about 6 minutes until golden brown.
- Alternatively you can bake the meatballs in the oven.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with olive oil
- Bake for about 25 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Serve hot!
One meatball yields 103 calories, 7 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs and 8 grams of protein.