For the Cupcakes
- (Makes 12)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (I find sugar subs taste better with salted butter)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp swerve/granulated erythritol
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or nut milk of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sweetener with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs. Beat on high until the mixture is fluffy and smooth. About 3 minutes.
- Gently mix in dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with milk.
- Spoon batter into cupcake pan (l recommend using liners, but I had no trouble removing the cupcakes from a nonstick pan without liners) and level with a spoon.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting and enjoy!
For the Buttercream
- 1 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 1/4 cup salted butter at room temp
- 2-4 tbsp powdered swerve (depending on how sweet you like your frosting)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8-1/4 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Using a hand/stand mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. beat on high until fluffy.
- Add powdered sweetener and mix on low until incorporated. Increase mixer speed to high and beat for about a minute.
- Add heavy cream and mix on low until incorporated. Increase mixer speed to high and beat until frosting has expanded in volume and holds it’s shape. About 2-3 minutes. Add more cream to adjust sweetness/consistency as desired. Be careful not to over-whip the frosting, it can separate.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag with a large star-tip and frost cupcakes.
Macros Per Cupcake
|Cupcakes||Frosting||Cupcakes + Frosting|